Do you remember the little train that could? That's what I feel like this week. I just keep saying to myself, "I think I can, I think I can!" There are only three more days of school left before Christmas holidays and the kiddies are wild. That is the only word that accurately describes them - totally WILD! I know they are feeling anxious and they are ready for the break. I can empathize because I am too!
A little breath of fresh air in this wild and crazy week is that Brett is coming to school with me tomorrow. I am so excited! It's funny how I can work with kids day in and day out but I get totally giddy over the fact that my own child is coming to work with me tomorrow! I can't wait for him to see me as a teacher, rather than just mom. I'm not sure what I'm expecting exactly - maybe that he'll understand me a bit more - understand why I'm so tired some days! Or maybe I'm hoping it will give me more credibility somehow. We still have those days (and likely always will) where he seems to have absolutely no regard for anything I say. Or maybe I'm just hoping that it will be fun! Brett is such a neat kid and I think that it will be good for the kids I teach to see him and how behaves (please, Lord, let him behave well! :-) )
It's funny how time works, really. When you want it to speed up it slows right down and when you want it to slow down it shoots by you at the speed of light! I know that by Saturday I will look back and think how fast this week went but for right now, as I'm in this week that isn't seeming to end I'll just keep repeating my little mantra ... I think I can, I think I can. I can do it .... I think.....
2 comments:
How did Brett's visit to your class go? :)
It was so much fun! All my kids were so funny - they thought Brett was the coolest thing ever! lol They all followed him around and were really well behaved! I think I need him to visit every day! Thanks for asking, Kim!
Post a Comment